Saturday, January 10, 2009

Starting of a New Year

As school started back on Monday I contemplated a few things. The first is how much I would really love to stay at home with our eight month old son. After being home with him for almost three weeks I really did not want to want to go back. He is ONE of the loves of my life (My husband is the other of course). I hate having to get dressed and leave him every morning. I miss getting to play with him like I did when I was out for the holidays. I really don't get to do a lot of playing after work because when we get home we have about an hour before we have to give him his bath, dinner and bed. Most of the time he is in bed by 7:30. Another contemplation of mine was that I really don't know what I would do without my husband. He takes such good care of our son. He is the one that gives him his bottle in the morning while I get ready for work. Then I will get him dressed and ready for daycare. When he gets home he will play with him while I am getting supper cooked and getting Elijah's food and bottles ready for daycare the next day. I have the best husband and I love him with everything that I have.

We have also been contemplating whether or not to have another child. Neither of us are only children. The people that I have talked to that are only children say that it is a very lonely like. I am a twin so I could not imagine not having someone around to play with. The having another is complicated. I developed preeclampsia with Elijah that is why he had to be delivered early and had to stay in the NICU for 12 days. I don't know if we want to risk my life or the life of our unborn child because I would more than likely develop it again. We are still praying about it. I know we could adopt but I would rather have another child on our own.

As 2009 continues I am sure that it will bring some interesting things.

No comments: